Saturday, March 23, 2013 | By: Jake

God Is Important

There have been many different milestones in my life: birthdays, holidays, graduations, accomplishments...the list can go on and on, but there are a few different milestones that rank above all.

On April 9th, 2011, I attended a worship night at Stone Hill Bible Church. Aside from being a night of worship, Carolyn Twietmeyer from Project Hopeful spoke and gave her testimony, speaking about how God had affected her life, how she had adopted children with HIV/AIDS and sought to give them a life of true love, just like the True Love that she received from Christ. This night was after a few months of doubting my faith, after becoming an atheist for a short period of time, and after slowly developing a prayer life and attempting to realize who Christ actually was. And the words played in the back of my mind:
"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." - C.S. Lewis
After years of being "lukewarm" in my faith, years of just going through the motions, I finally realized that this was a lot more important than I had previously thought.

So, God is important. Check.

0 comments:

Post a Comment